Unfortunately when some personal trainers finish their program the standards are not always as high as we would like them to be, that’s ok cause generally they are weeded out pretty quick. What the successful trainers are doing is making a commitment to their clients. Here is an example of one trainers tool that he uses to make him stand out:
- Continually Tracks Your Progress and Goals as They Evolve.
- Helps You Define & Achieve Goals that are S.M.A.R.T (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely).
- Keeps You Engaged With Fun & Interesting Workouts.
- Stays Attentive and Focused Every Session.
- Confirms Every Appointment.
- Has Excellent Communication and Listening Skills.
- Provides Safe and Effective Workouts.
- Effectively Teaches You Exercise Knowledge (so you know how to work out better on your own.)
- Is Always On Time, Prepared, With Good Hygiene and Looking Professional.
- Has Good Availability for Your Schedule, Rarely Cancels, and Provides Advanced Notice When Canceling.
- Responds to all Email, Text, and Voice Mail Promptly.
- Provides Motivation, Inspiration, and Leadership.
- Consistently Provides a Customized Workout Program.
- Challenges You to Work Out on Your Own, Be More Self-reliant with Exercise, and Addresses Lifestyle Habits.
- Comprehensively Addresses Your Health and Fitness by Collaborating with a Network of Health Professionals.
So what standards do you have in your personal training business? By having these standards raises the bar and creates an experience for your clients and we all know when you do this just what happens to your business…..