What has been your biggest achievement in your personal training business in 2011?
By now you should have December’s plan all in place and your clients should still be training and if you have done it right you should still be attracting leads.
Fast forward a few weeks and it will be 2012.
What do you want your personal training business? Where do you see your fitness business at the end of 2012?
It’s all about the end result…if you’ve never thought about where you want to end up I can promise you that you are missing out on one of the most important factors of success.
Why do you need to know this?
You must begin with the end in mind before you start planning otherwise how will you know what you need to do?
Once you know exactly where you are headed THEN you can implement your actions. Now if you are like most personal training businesses then it is all about generating new clients.
Here are 5 MUST HAVES for your 2012 plan.
1. Know your numbers and track weekly.
- How many enquiries do you receive each week?
- How many of those enquiries came in for an appointment?
- How many of those enquiries got started?
- Where did those enquiries come from?
- How many sessions are you putting through each week?
- How many cancellations did you receive?
- Total $ received via direct debit?
- How many referrals did you receive?
When you know these numbers you will be able to determine what you need to work on. Ball park you need to be converting at least 80% of your enquiries into full paying clients, if not you definitely need to work on your sales process.
2. Ensure you have an active website.
3. Be active on social media:
- motivational quotes
- client results
- you tube clips
- photos taken during your sessions
- links to your blogs
- special offers
4. Have at least 5 marketing strategies on the go at any one stage:
- business cards
- business to business alliances
- fitness gift cards
- coupon sites
- txt message promo’s
- keeping in contact with your database
- a frames
- Google Maps
- Public Speaking
5. Create a system for referrals:
- Do you give your clients a welcome pack?
- Do you randomly send thank-you or encouragement letters?
- Do you reward the clients who do refer?
- Do you have client appreciation days?
- Do you remember their birthdays?
- Do you give them gifts through out the year for Easter, Christmas, Mother’s Day or Fathers Day?